One of the things I love most about Christmas is the shopping, and one of the things I love most about being home is my mum taking me for cocktails. So this was really my ideal day. When I have something to procrastinate from (i.e. uni work) I will spend as much time as possible getting ready and then taking selfies, and this was one of those days.
For my makeup I went for a simple brown eyeliner flick and ombre peachy lips. I really like to switch out black eyeliner for brown for a more toned down daytime look. It still has the same, eye-opening effect but with a softer colour.
- Moisturiser: Origins Gin-Zing moisturiser, this is the perfect light day time moisturiser.
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish primer in light.
- Concealer and Corrector: For under eyes I used Bobbi Brown corrector (I use the shade Extra Light Bisque) and for any other blemishes I used NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (in Vanilla)
- Foundation: NARS sheer glow (in Mont Blanc), this is my favourite foundation because it has super high coverage but doesn’t feel heavy at all.
- Highlight Concealer: NARS radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla and Chantilly (adding chantilly makes this slightly lighter which is perfect for my wintery un-tanned skin), I put this under my eyes in a large v shape, my nose, chin, forehead and around my mouth.
- Bake: (I’ll leave this on while I do eyebrows and eyes, then buff it out with my powder) I usually just bake under the eyes using Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder
- Contour: Laura Mercier Flawless Contouring Palette. I took the contour 1 shade under my cheekbones, around my forehead, down my nose and under the bottom lip.
- Powder: (I do eyebrows and eyes before powder) Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder (in 002 Pink Blossom)
- Powder Contour: Just to cut my cheekbones EVEN MORE I usually put some extra bronzer or contour powder on under my cheekbones or around my forehead. I used NARS laguna bronzer on my forehead and MAC blush in harmony for my cheeks.
- Blush: I can never resist of NARS orgasm blush, its a classic for a reason.
- Highlight (cheekbone,nose, cupids bow and brow bone): I always put a little vaseline on top of my cheekbones before highlight. This adds an extra glowy, dewy finish and gives something for my highlighter to stick to. My current favourite highlighter is the MAC special edition Trolls highlighter in E36 Glo Rida (no longer available), this is a gold highlighter so gives a sort of bronzed effect.
- Brow gel: Gimme Brow by benefit in medium. I use this before the other products and then again at the end.
- Filling in: I used the wax part of Brow Zings by benefit (not sure which colour I use because I have the old version but my guess would be number 3) with the brush 15 by Anastasia Beverly hills and set it with MAC eyeshadow in charcoal brown using a MAC 266 brush.
- Primer: Urban Decay original eyeshadow primer potion. This stuff is 100% worth the hype, love it.
- Eyeshadow: I only used a base colour shade, highlight and under-eye and didn’t bother with any crease shadows. I used three colours from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette; for the lid I took limit (a pale matte pink tone), strange for inner corner and smudged nooner under the eye (a darker pink toned brown)
- Eyeliner: I don’t actually have any brown eyeliner so I had to be creative, but considering how much I wear this look I really should invest. Using a MAC 210 liner brush and the gel from Brow zings I created my liner, I then set this with the same 266 and charcoal brow combo as the brows.
- Eyelashes: Benefit they’re real mascara and individual eyesore pro-lash lashes. I apply these lashes under my natural lashes , makes them look less fake.
I used two Kylie lip kits to create my ombré lip; Candy K and Dirty Peach. I first use the liners, Dirty Peach in the middle and Candy K at the edges. Then filled this in with the liquid lipsticks and blended using lip brush/my finger.
Then set everything with the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray because this stuff lasts like theres no tomorrow.
I never realised quite how much makeup I use on a daily basis before listing it all… If you’ve stuck with me this far well done to you! In future I will definitely try to cut this list down for your sake.
If that wasn’t enough, lets talk about my outfit!
THESE BOOTS GIVE ME LIFE. They are probably my favourite possession, along with this beautiful coat. This would’ve been the ideal outfit, but after these pictures were taken (very awkwardly by my dad who really got into the photographer role..) I realised that it is in fact winter in England, aka very VERY cold. So being the sensible person I am I put on some thin (definitely too thin considering the weather but anything for the aesthetic am I right?!) black tights and a HUGE faux fur coat.
So this ended up being a long one, thank you to everyone who stuck with me! Hope you all like this look as much as I do (which is a lot). Christmas shopping went really well, bought almost all my presents and obviously treated myself to one of the MAC liptensity lipstick because, as they say, when in the Debenhams makeup department, do as the Debenhams makeup department-ans do… Basically I can’t not buy makeup when I’m surrounded by the stuff, some would say it’s a problem, I say it’s a gift. Anyway I’ll end this one here, thanks for reading.